I think deep down the kids are longing for the pool so instead they have gotten their water quota by getting hour long baths every day.
Ev started making this squished nose closed eyes face when she smiles. If you are a fan of FRIENDS you may know of the episode where Chandler and Monica are getting engagement pictures done. Chandler keeps make this funny face every time his smiles. That is the face she is making. It is funny.
We babysat our friend's kids. It was funny watching the little brothers playing with the purses, dolls, doll carries, and dress up items. Poor things, they just watch their sisters and copy what they do. Even though we have plenty of balls, trucks, cars, even a lawn mover they preferred necklaces and purses. I only took a picture of them playing in the kitchen though.
I have been slowing going through each room and clearing out things we don't use. The more and more I find things to give away or throw away the more I wish I could just close my eyes and open them and everything will be moved into our new place. How did we end up with over 20 coloring books?!
In our attempts to detox Ev from watching TV shows all day she has been watercolor painting so much that she is almost out of paint! Today she was painting in her heels. :)
Todd is going to be gone most of the day tomorrow. So I am hoping to keep Ev occupied by making sugar cookie stars for our 4th of July party we are going to on Saturday. Because Todd is going out tomorrow tonight he rented a car. And since it was a brand new car he took all of us for a ride to KFC to get Ev an ice cream cone. I'm just glad I'm not the one with the driver's license.
I made my first by scratch recipe for pie crust today. I am taking a strawberry pie to our 4th of July celebration along with decorated sugar cookies. :)
What have you been up to this week?
1 comment:
Let's see, Avery had a friend come and spend the night so there was horse back riding and pool. We had to take him back to his house and swam there. Then we had the free movies to visit, a house to prepare for small group. Today is library and pool most likely. Right now we are doing some math and practicing some cutting and Asher thinks he is typing on the computer.
Post a Comment