Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The BIG 30!

Today is Todd's 30th birthday. Last night he went to a friend's house after we put the kids to bed. While he was gone I made his birthday cheesecake and 2 batches of cinnamon rolls for this morning. I hid them so he would be surprised. I also decorated the dining room with some pictures and banner and balloons. I wrote out the song "Happy Birthday" on a chalkboard and put it by the mirror so he would see it. Although all of my efforts couldn't out weigh was what seems like ruined his day. Sadly he woke up this morning to Ev screaming and having a melt down which in turn sent Elijah into a melt down. Then in my attempts to quiet them by letting them watch a TV show we found out that the sound isn't working on our 3 month old flat screen TV, aka Todd's baby! So after the repair man came out and took apart the TV he got it to work but decided to replace something inside because it could go bad again and then we would have to pay for it. So thankfully this guy was nice and took it with him to get fixed. The only bummer is that we won't be able to use the TV for a week and a half! The TV is technically not only his anniversary present but his birthday present too so he hasn't been too happy today. Maybe I should pretend tomorrow is his birthday... a second chance for all of us.

3 comments:

KaiLeigh said...

I say try it again tomorrow! Maybe second times a charm for the 30th birthday!? :D

Cindy Foote said...

Happy Birthday Todd. Sorry it was not exactly the kind of day you were hoping for... but I agree - just try again tomorrow!

Love you guys,
Cindy

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

I forgot that he is out all day but his teacher and her famiy are coming over for dinner so maybe they can help celebrate.