Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Two years ago today was when our family left America to move here. I think it was an interesting day for us to leave. We didn't book our flights so we just went with what we were given. So I guess instead of celebrating America, we left it. Our 30 plus hour journey started in the evening so I remember when we were landing at LAX we saw fireworks going off from the sky. It was really an incredible site. Neighborhood after neighborhood had colors flashing up above them.

Last year on the 4th of July we were getting settled in as a family of 4. We had brought Elijah back from Thailand a few weeks before.

This year we are going over to our friend's house. We are grilling and celebrating with some of the traditional 4th of July food. Our friends are also going to be doing some fireworks. Fireworks are not a big deal here. They go off several times a day. But the older kids in our group wanted them so we'll have them. I am dressing the kids up in red, white and blue. Maybe Todd will cooperate too and wear one of the colors. You really have to work hard to make it feel like holidays here. Most of the time we try but it still doesn't feel like the holiday, oh well.
Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

KaiLeigh said...

The cookies look great! My sugar cookies always taste good, but never LOOK pretty like yours!