Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sickness

This week the whole family went to the local hospital to be seen by one of the foreign doctors. 
And this was the outcome...

Ian just has a cold.  His first one in the whole year we've had him!
Ev has bronchitis so we are monitoring her so it doesn't get worse.
Todd also has bronchitis so we are watching him too if it lingers pasts two weeks.
Elijah has pneumonia and we are giving him antibiotics, breathing treatments and bought an oximeter to monitor his oxygen levels. 

Which lead us to today....
We borrowed an oxygen tank from a friend because Elijah's levels are just too low.
Made a few calls to doctors and we decided to get Elijah to a place that has better health care.
Meaning Todd and Elijah took the 9pm train to city a few hours away.  They will spend the night and hopefully take 2 flights to get out of the country to Hong Kong where they can go to a good hospital. 
Elijah wasn't himself today.  His poor eyes tell the story.  My poor baby!
 This is how we are trying to keep each other from spreading the sickness


I also saw the doctor he looked over my previous months blood test and had me do one for this month.  Surprisingly after the previous two months of declining numbers my white blood count was on the higher end of the scale.  It was probably the highest reading I've had in a really long time.  I am so thankful.  I actually cried when I saw the results.  With the rest of my family being sick in order to take care of them I need the high white blood count!  Praise Father for the good report!

2 comments:

Kara M said...

I think your health is a miracle from our Father. I don't say that lightly. He knew you needed to be healthy for this. Mom is keeping me updated everyday...2 or 3x's a day. I tried to get her to call the hospital yesterday to buy a teddy bear over the phone for Hobs! Good thing puppy dog is there now!!

April Leigh Rinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.