Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting Ready




This week like any birthday celebration around here I started creating our living room into party central.  Well at least my kids think so.  As we come down to a week before Christmas or as my kids know Jesus' birthday I thought like any other birthday I would decorate for it.  As this is our first Christmas to not open presents we want to focus on Jesus.  We have done a birthday cake for Jesus in the past but this time we are going all out as if I we were celebrating for one of the family members birthday.  Usually it is theme based so I have been going with using small crowns, Christmas lights, Jesus' name and decorating with stars.  We will have a special birthday dinner, birthday cake, a craft, game and we will give our presents to Jesus.  Ev is wondering how we are going to do that!  Oh and sometime when Todd gets back from his trip to a local orphanage we will sit down as a family and go through the Samaritan's Purse Gift Catolog 2011.  We are excited this year to be able to look through the online catolog and have the kids pick out what they want to purchase using some of their money they have gotten from family to buy things for people in need all over the world. 

1 comment:

Kara M said...

Love it!

Question: What is chevron print in the background?