Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday Pictures (for real this time), Baseball Game and Trip

I finally got around to downloading pictures from the past week. I downloaded 104 pictures. Wow, I guess we had ourselves a busy week. Todd's birthday, ours and Ev's friends were in town, we had Todd's teacher over for dinner, went to watch Todd play baseball and I got some pictures of the kids as I packed all day for our trip tomorrow.

Saturday ended up being packed. Todd went straight from 9am until 9pm. The kids and I went from 10:30am to 9pm. It was a LONG day. Todd started off going to sort through why our Internet service wasn't working. Crazy experience, frustrating language time and after about an hour of his time he finally got an answer to our question. Then on the way home he called me to tell me that our new landlords wanted us to meet them at our new apartment to pick out paint. So as Todd was coming home I was quickly getting me and the kids ready to leave. As we rushed out the door and were heading to the apartment our landlord calls back to say she has to deal with something else first. We didn't know when she was going to show up. So we went to the car rental place and picked up the car and I went to pick up a couple of care packages and we met back just as our landlord said she arrived at the apartments. So we headed over there and were there for a little while and then we were off across town to go to paint stores and decide on paint. Thankfully we had done this when we came here 2 years ago and I knew what colors we wanted or our next 2 hours could have been longer. We went to a couple of stores. Side note- it was lunchtime when we were driving to the other side of town so thankfully my mom had put some snack items in the 2 care packages we picked up or I don't know what the kids would have done. So there we are talking over how to purchase paint. You would think all you had to do was tell them the color but no, maybe 45 minutes later we walked away HOPING we will get what we want.

Next we rushed home, leaving the paint place at 2:15pm to get a few things and head over to the opposite side of town to watch Todd play baseball. The game was suppose to start at 2pm but they called while we were driving and asked where Todd was and ended up waiting for us to show up before starting. We get over to the school around 3pm and the game lasted until 6:30pm but since it was the last one we didn't end up getting out of there until 7pm. Our poor kids. They are use to eating dinner at 5:30pm. Around that time I gave him another round of snacks to satisfy him temporarily. We ended up taking home a couple of the guys on the team and we had to stop to get gas and stop to get cold drinks. While we were on the road I called the Italian restaurant and ordered dinner and after dropping off the 2 guys we picked up our order and made it home around 7:30 and ate and then put the kids to bed. They were ready for bed. After going to so many places ,not really eating lunch, having dinner at the time of bedtime and not getting naps- we were all worn out. Maybe that is why Elijah took a 4 1/2 hour nap today.

We were suppose to leave on our trip today but we decided we all needed to rest and so we are leaving tomorrow morning. This will be the first time that all 4 of us will go out to these different areas together. Elijah's first trip out to the villages. I haven't been out to these parts in almost 2 years because I couldn't go out when I was pregnant or while Elijah was too little. Hopefully he will do fine in higher altitude but we will be watching both kids closely. We are hoping to go to about 5 different places some of which we have friends who live there and other areas we are just going to see because it has been way to long. Since we have rented a car for the week we will get to be on our own time schedule. We don't have to mess with the public transportation and I am SO thankful for that, especially with 2 young kids. We got care packages from my grandparents, Todd's family and my mom over the last week and a half. So we saved some toys and snacks and other goodies for the road. We bought a car seat for Elijah and the car that we rented is brand new so it actually has seat belts. So everyone will have one for our trip.

We will head out tomorrow (our Monday morning) and will most likely be gone until our Saturday. So we won't have Internet so I won't be posting until we are home. Have a great week!

No comments: