We went to 4 different places. We saw a lot of beautiful scenery along the way as well as lots of yak, sheep and horses. We stopped on the side of the road to see a large group of horses. Then we stopped to see a herd of sheep and some yak. Our last stop off the road was to see a group of our people shearing their herd of sheep. What a fun experience. They enjoyed our company and even gave Todd some scissors and let him cut some of the wool off one sheep. They also had a baby yak that Ev enjoyed seeing up close and we got to watch them milk the momma yak. Our kids love animals so this thrilled them to get to experience this. They love that Todd can talk to them and they love seeing white kids up close.
I had a funny experience happen to me. After watching them milk the yak a little grandma touch my chest and then touched Elijah's mouth, through her jesters she was saying, "it's your turn to milk now!" I guess since we have been here for 2 years now the fact that she touched me there didn't phase me. I had seen someone do that to a friend of mine a while back.
Our trip was mainly to get out of the city and into the towns where we have some relationships and to practice language. At a couple of the places we couldn't get a hold of our friends but we enjoyed seeing the areas. Todd got to practice language the most. We got to a point where we didn't need to use the language I am studying.
Here are some pictures of our trip. I took almost 300 pictures. It was so beautiful. So I have to narrow down a few to post here. Elijah isn't wearing pants in a few pictures. The reason behind that is because he gets car sick. After trying to wash out his clothes the first time I learned my lesson and just keep him in a shirt with a plastic bib covering the car seat straps. We made it all most all the way to our first destination before he threw up all over himself, the car seat and the back of Todd's seat. Too bad we couldn't' get the smell out for the rest of the trip!
2 comments:
oh my goodness! the pictures are beautiful. my favorite is where you and the woman both have your babies in slings. too cute.
wow wow wow!!! I love the new pictures!!! thinking of you guys! love - Cindy
Post a Comment