Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Finds

Back in May we had a "clothing swap" among the expats that live here. It is a wonderful time to take clothing the kids have outgrown that I haven't made things out of, and to take other items we don't use and so on. The first day you take your items then the next day you get to pick up others. It is similar to a large garage sale but you don't have to pay. I found a few great finds for the kids. I have been reading Clifford books with Ev and I found a small Clifford stuffed animal. I also found a large set of doll house furniture. Then a week or so ago one of Ev's friends came over to play. Her mom brought us some dress up clothes and a small Fisher Price doll house from a sale here in town. Ev had some little dolls that we have bought here (4 dolls for 15 kuai - a little over 2 dollars!) that she loves and uses with the furniture and house. These items have afforded us much time as Ev quietly plays for hours!

No comments: