Saturday, November 8, 2008

Xie Xie Angels

We were given the See With Me Bible as a baby gift from dear friends of ours. We started really going through it with Ev before her bedtime since we got back from Thailand. It is a good way for us (Todd and I) to practice our storying skills and Ev just loves the pictures. Our desire is for Ev to know the stories so she can tell them. I don't know how many times we have read it so far but she is getting it and helps tell some of the stories. One of the funniest is the story of Adam and Eve. There is a picture of Eve with this "oops" expression on her face. That is where Ev goes, "no no". She knows what Eve was doing something she wasn't suppose to do. As we've been reading at night and as Ev reads it over and over through the day she has really picked up on angels. There are several stories that have angels in them. Ev just knows that they are angels, we initially told her they were but she is quick to point them out and she loves to go to the stories with them. Daddy prays with her at night as she is in her bed, he prays over her room, her sleep, her mind... One night after giving him a kiss and having him kiss her beloved Lambie blanket she lifted Lambie up and asked the angel to kiss it too. :) When Todd was gone and I was praying with her as we laid in her bed she kept looking towards the door. I asked her where the angels where and she pointed that way. (We ask for Father to place his angels in specific places to protect us.) Then last night Todd packed up Ev and Elijah in the stroller and took them to go buy a Coke for dinner. They were walking back and Ev looks up and says "xie xie (thank you) angels" she was thanking the angels who were above them. I guess it is good to know that we are being protected in the place we live!

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

Oh so sweet! I need to get that for Libby. We have several "baby Bibles" but none have totally captured her attention. I'll have to check that one out.

BTW - we're in Tulsa and got to have some time with Kara last night. I was, of course, thinking about you a lot in her presence. She was gracious as I was so scattered and crazy with all that was going on yesterday.

Love you! Thinking of and praying for you!
cindy