Tuesday, November 4, 2008
3rd Day Without Daddy
Yesterday I thought went pretty good. Today on the other hand, was not exactly what I was hoping for. It started off with me getting maybe 5 hours of interrupted sleep. Elijah got up several times during the night and so did I. Then I tried a new baby wash for Ev but after a few minutes in a the tub Ev wouldn't sit down. I noticed her bottom and back of her legs all the way down to her feet was bright red. This set her back and made her uncomfortable for a while. Poor thing. Then about mid morning we discovered that Ev's birthday present, a goldfish, didn't make it. The other one didn't survive longer than a day. I guess a little over a week was good for this one. I have the fish bowl on my buffet table and a chair next to it so Ev loves to climb up on the chair so she can see the fish. When I noticed the fish was dead Ev quickly took a look herself. I was a little worried what she would think. This was her reaction- she stared for a few minutes noticing that the fish wasn't moving its mouth or swimming then it hit her... she put her hand over her mouth and started getting up set and said, "oh no!" She told the fish "lai lai" (come) and then she did her fish face and nothing. I decided the situation wasn't going to get any better so we all got bundled up and headed to a place that sells pets of all kinds. We bought 2 new fish that almost look like the other ones for about 40 cents. I then spent the rest of my day listening to my son cry. He usually isn't like this at all. The constant crying took me back to the days of colic. He wasn't eating well or SLEEPING and was fussy and crying non stop. However, I did manage to get both kids down for their naps at the same time. I had big hopes that I could really get a lot done while they were sleeping. Ev went down without too much of a struggle and Elijah fell asleep on his own. The house was so quiet and I sat down to work on this project I needed to finish today. Then all of a sudden, maybe 30 minutes after the kids went down, I hear this LOUD drilling screeching sound coming from my neighbors apartment. They were working on the room opposite of Elijah's. After the second drilling noise my little sleeping boy woke up screaming. (He never does that either.) I quickly run in to comfort him and keep him from waking up his sister. My next dilemma... where do I put him down for a nap? I tried to get him to sleep on our bed but the room was so bright and even though it was the farthest room from Elijah's we still could hear the drilling noise almost as if they were inside my apartment. I tried holding him for a little while and then gave up. I was sad that my lovely quiet afternoon was ruined. So Elijah missed his long afternoon nap and I had to keep him quiet and get my work done. The remainder of the day I tried to figure out what was going on. It hit me as I was putting Ev to bed as he had been screaming in the living room. I think he is teething. That would make sense why he wasn't eating or sleeping well or even taking his paci. Lovely timing! I gave him some medicine and put some Baby Orajel in his mouth. Next thing I know as I am feeding him rice he was chocking. I flipped him upside down on my forearm and was trying to get whatever it was out. After about 10 minutes of attempting different things he finally started acting normal. So now I am hoping since he didn't sleep today that he will be so worn out and sleep tonight. He finally is asleep right now as I write this. He feel asleep in the bouncy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh! You poor thing! Those kind of days are so incredibly hard. You just want a few minutes of peace - but nope, no such thing. UGH! I hope you get some sweet sleep tonight. When does Todd return?? Love you, Cindy
Hang in there. You can do it, you can do it. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
Post a Comment