Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

As your side of the world is waking up we are winding down ours. We celebrated our Thanksgiving with a small group of friends. Even though we had less people at our gathering than last year we had more food! We went over to our friend's house and had an imported turkey fried. Then we had some of the usual items like dressing, corn casserole, green beans, and rolls. We didn't have cranberries or sweet potatoes. The guys watched an old football game but we got as close to a Thanksgiving day as we could. Even though we had the food it still really didn't feel like Thanksgiving to me. One of my favorite things to do on Thanksgiving in Overland Park (my home) is to watch the Plaza Christmas Lighting Ceremony on Thanksgiving night. It is even better to be in the crowd down on the Plaza. I also LOVE going out in the early morning for the day after Thanksgiving sales. My last Thanksgiving in America I remember getting in line at Kohl's at 4:30am! Crazy but fun times. :) So you all will be celebrating Thanksgiving as we are sleeping. I am staying up tonight to hopefully (if the Internet is working properly) watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade. (I'll post pictures later... the Internet won't let me do it right now!)

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kelli! We are thinking of you guys today and wishing we were celebrating with you.

Love you!
Cindy