Last Thursday I found out some sad news. I was having a lesson with my tutor and in the middle of it she asked if she could ask me a question. Usually that doesn't happen. But we are to the point in our friendship that we talk about a lot of things. She had a lot on her heart that day so I am glad she shared. First she asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to adopt. I was a little caught off guard by how she worded the question. I asked some questions, listened to her share, and asked some more questions. I had no idea where this conversation was going at first. Last year around this time my tutor introduced me to a friend of hers who she thought I should spent some time with. She had shared with me some background and I was interested in becoming this girls friend. We both had hearts to share with this girl. This girl had gotten married to a man who was several years older than her. He is a very wealthy business man so he traveled most of last year leaving my friend home alone. Obviously the marriage was in danger so after waiting it out after 1 year of being married they got divorced. That brings me to the sad news. My friend told me that our friend was having an affair and got pregnant. My tutor told me that she had talked to her all Sunday to persuade her not to have an abortion. The man involved and another friend were pushing for it. Thankfully my friend listened to my tutor. But I don't know how long she will hold out. Before I knew it was my friend I listened to my tutor answer my questions. I had asked if this girls family knew, how far along she was and if she would listen to other people. I heard my tutor tell me that she is about 2 months pregnant so that means the baby is due around the time Elijah was due. I exhausted my language ability so I began talking in English to tell my tutor that so much is going on with that baby right now.
My heart sunk when I heard that this girl we were talking about is my friend. I am hoping to go visit her sometime this week. I simply want to just love on her. Her family lives far away and she lives alone and in her own words she can't accept what has happened and feels sad. I hope she hasn't done anything since I last talked to my tutor. I can't get my mind off this little baby. Lately it seems like I have heard several stories of people who lost their baby or can't have a baby of their own. Adoptions isn't really an option here. Reality is that babies are either aborted or abandoned. I really don't have a clue what to say - I do want to be there for her. Hopefully I will have the language to do so. Would you ask that I can find someone to watch Ev so that Elijah and I can go across town to meet my friend? Would you ask that this girl would chose to keep her baby?
2 comments:
Kelli, Thank you for sharing this story. I am praying. You know my heart for adoption and for the land you are in. I am pleading with the Lord tonight that she will choose to give life to this child. Also, praying that you will be given wisdom to know just how to show your love to her and minister to her in a way she can receive.
Love you,
Cindy
Kel... Thank you for letting us know how we can continue to lift you (and your friends and family) up. I am so sorry that your friend is going through this. I will keep this in my prayers. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.
Love and hugs,
Ash
Post a Comment