We have been told by our agency that our LOA is in country. It was estimated to be delivered today BUT our agency was called by Fed Ex because they were told that our house is outside their range of delivery. :( So we were called this morning and Todd gave them our address again even though it should be on the package. I guess somehow it will change carriers and make it here today. They told us by this afternoon.... but it is already 5pm.
Meanwhile we decided on a name! It looks like we won't be able to send our signed LOA off today but with it we will send a document that we will put our son's new name on. After being forced to pick a name Todd finally decided to talk through names. A local friend helped us come up with a new Chinese name that happens to be a name in the language of our people group. And it has significant meaning. We figure he will go by that name here and family will call him his English name.
I'll keep you posted on our LOA. Crossing our fingers that it comes tonight. IT is such an important document to get lost. Did I mention that this paper started off in Beijing, was sent to Tennessee where our agency is, back to Beijing then hopefully here, for us to sign it and send it back to Tennessee and then for them to send it back to here.
3 comments:
And the name is............... can't wait to know!!
We don't get to know the name????? WHAT????????????? I do not like teasers!!!!! Can't wait. love you!
This was TYPICAL Todd... after writing this he said, "did we say we were going to sleep on it- the name?" After spending hours talking about it I forgot we said that.. Todd still wants time to make sure it is HIS NAME. Funny, huh!
Post a Comment