A few days ago we found out that in Guangzhou it is a really busy time for the next 2 months or more. This week starts their national day holiday and then after that is a Trade Fair lasting 3 weeks and then shortly after is the Asian Games.
I am hoping that the Consulate isn't affected by these things, hotel prices will be though. It sounds like a lot of families are trying to squeeze in and adopt their children before everything goes on.
I am not sure what this does to our timeline. We are really hoping that at least by early November we can travel. There is a small window during this time that nothing big is going on in Guangzhou.
Meanwhile with the help of a friend we bought an Ergo carrier for 20 US dollars off the local Craig's list type website. That should be coming soon. Two adoption books of mine arrived in the mail so I am anxious to start reading them. Plus I am working on Ev's birthday party. I decided to move it up a week and have it on October 16th.
I am leaving tomorrow to travel to another city for a 3 day intensive language workshop. I have to leave the day before and stay over an extra night so Todd will be with the kids 4 nights and 5 days. Be thinking of us all as we haven't been away from each other for this long. Pray for Todd as Elijah has been sick all week spreading it to Ev and Todd too. I am hoping that I don't get it while I am away. I feel a little bad about leaving the whole family sick but I did spend a few hours yesterday making them dinner for the days I am gone. I even gave Todd instructions on how to thaw and microwave the meals. :)
1 comment:
praying over you!
Post a Comment