I guess it payed off that I was up late last night because after midnight I got a email from our agency saying we got our LOA and they were sending it to us over here. We are very excited and after spending the entire day working on adoption things I was glad to get the news.
Yesterday I spent several hours filling out 3 more documents and the rest of my day was filled with organizing every single document we have worked on in the past 10 months. Ev and I went out to buy a notebook and other supplies I needed so I could put everything related to our adoption in one place. I love to organize and I guess it was my way of beginning to nest as we wait out these last few months. It feels like we are definitely in our last trimester of "pregnancy" where you work like crazy to prepare. I feel that now we have our LOA we can do that. I've been thinking of what I want to make for didi- what to do for his bedding and now I need to go shopping and get him some toys.
I have also gotten to see pictures and read other families blogs from their time here picking up their children from the same Children's Welfare Institute. It looks like a good facility and from what I have heard they take good care of the kids. Shanghai is so modern compared to where we live. I think Todd and I will have some culture shock. :) I am trying to figure out the best way to send a care package and I am trying to think of what to bring the nannies and staff of the orphanage as gifts. Any ideas?
Depending on how things go and how fast it takes our papers from America to get here, for us to sign them and send them back and other details we may be looking at spending Thanksgiving on the other side of this country. Should be interesting. We don't know if we will take the kids with us or not so we have a lot to think about! It is going to be a crazy next months as we fit in one more semester of class, get a new child, and tie up things here before going to America for 6 months. Crazy for sure. Although I am pretty sure that Todd's and my lives together have been like this for the past 6 years. We have always had several eventful things happening.
2 comments:
YAY! So glad your LOA arrived! Hoping ours is coming soon now. For orphanage gifts I say take some Sichuan treats. They'll love that so much more than the scarves and pens on EVERY suggested gift list. :) Congrats and let the nesting begin! Katie
I cried! its true! Can't wait for him to come home! Then for you guys to bring him to Tulsa to see his Aunt Kara!!!
Post a Comment