Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Silence Is a Wonderful Thing

Today started early for me. Ev went to bed last night asking for a snack because she didn't tell us that she wasn't full at dinner. 6am rolls around and I hear her calling me from our bedroom door. Ugh! I gave her a piece of bread and tucked her back in bed but she wanted to talk and it woke up Elijah. Poor boy, Ev went to be crying and upset, which has been the norm lately and she woke him up again. His response was "mom, hug, kiss." My little sweetie.

During our night time struggle with Ev to go to bed she wanted a snack, then she decided she wanted me then she wanted her camera. She wanted to play games instead of sleeping...that was a quick no. And when she was up at 6am hungry she didn't forget she wanted the camera before she feel asleep.

8 hours later as I was putting the kids down for naps Ev remembered the camera again. What is with this camera? My excuse and truthful reply was that dad took it and I don't know where he put it!

Todd left today at 8am to go on a trip and he will be gone for the next 6 days. 2 of those days I am watching a little friend from 8-5pm. Today was our first day. We went to the play ground, we on a little walk to buy veggies and fruits for lunch, we did some crafts, we colored some wipe off educational workbooks, listened to a High Five magazine(the preschool version of Highlights), played play dough, ate lunch, played around the house some and read some books. I guess I am getting a sneak peak at what life will be like with 3. Walking is interesting. Ev is good at holding hands, she can hold hands with other kids and stay on the side walk and watch for cars. She is definitely the older big sister. We have been trying to teach Elijah about looking for cars before walking across the street together.

There were times when I was walking holding 2 hands with the other kid in front of us. Then there were times when all 3 of the kids were holding hands and walking in front of me. Who knew you could change who you are walking with and which hand in a 7 minute walk to one side of our apartment complex.

Right now it is quiet. I was successful at putting all 3 kids down for naps. I am enjoying the silence for the next few hours. Since becoming a mom I have realized how much I enjoy silence. It is wonderful!