Not only do I think it is fun to redo existing clothes I love the challenge and the end result being something new from something old. :) So I have been trying to squeeze in some sewing time and this is what I have done. I haven't done these all at the same time. I am able to do maybe one or two things at a setting.
So far I have taken a long sleeve sweater and made it short sleeved. It was easy to cut off the cuffs and cut off the arms and resew the cuffs on.
One of my favorites is my new skirt out of a pair of pants. This pair of pants were too big when I had ordered them off the Internet and it isn't easy to send them back to America so I had used the bottom part (from the knee down) in Elijah's quilt. So then when I went to put them on as shorts they just didn't do anything for me so I turned them into a skirt. I am so excited to wear it.
I made a plain white tee cute with adding some circles to it. I had cut off the waist band of one of Ev's old pairs of pants and then used the leftover material for my circles. I think it is pretty cute.
I took one of Todd's long sleeve shirts. It has gotten really stretched out with living here so I completely took it apart. Cut it down to my size and sewed it all back together. I am not a fan of the OLD NAVY on the front so I ruffled the left over fabric and covered the words.
I took another one of Todd's t-shirts, this one was one we bought in Chiang Mai. When it was washed it shrunk. That doesn't say much for the shirt. We only have cold water in our washing machine and we line dry it. I cut this down to size too and re attached the sleeves on to it fit me.
Since I am petite on top most shirts don't fit me well. So I took my ruffled tank top and shortened the straps at the seam so it would fit me better. Yeah now I don't have to wear and under cami.
I also shortened the sleeves on my yellow top. It was too revealing once it was washed. Now it fits me better.
Todd has been gracious to sit and watch Project Runway with me at night. :) I like to get inspiration from watching it. He laughs when I came out today wearing my "new" white tee.
Other things on my agenda to fix or recreate:
Currently I am patching my favorite pair of cords. This is the 3rd pair of pants that has some kind of hole in them.
I have a few t-shirts that are stretched out so I am going to take in the side seams to make them fit again.
I also have been re making Ev's clothes too. I took a red tank top that was a little too short and added a ruffle of fabric to the bottom and a little to the top to make it a new shirt. She loves it. In fact she wore it for a week straight.
I also took another tank top and made it into a dress. I think it turned out pretty cute. I think she likes her "new" clothes as much as I do too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment