I saw a friend in town who is adopting a special needs child through the same agency we are. She told me that there is a new list of 700 minor special needs boys under the age of 3 that are waiting to be matched with families.
We don't have a log in date yet, and until we do we cannot get matched. This use to not be the way things were done...so I can't get the thought of 700 little boys who we possibly could adopt just out there waiting for families. Because so many people want Chinese girls with or without special needs there are so many boys who are hard to place. That breaks my heart! My friend also told me that they are going to slow down the process for girls (special needs girls) to hope to even out the number of children waiting.
So I am thinking that once we get our log in date that we could have a good chance of being matched very quickly.
I was told that the 1-800A process can take 2 or 3 months. We are asking that it doesn't take that long!
No comments:
Post a Comment