Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Resurrection Day


Easter Sunday Todd got up before 7:00am to turn on the NCAA final four games and I got up a little bit before to start making our Resurrection rolls. :) We hosted Easter brunch for the 3rd time in a row. I'm a little sad that next year our group will have to find another place to have brunch since we will be back in America.


At our play group on Friday the kids dyed eggs together. This was such a great idea. It was a lot more fun with a full table of little ones rather than just Ev and Elijah. Since I was carefully watching Elijah Ev was at the opposite end of the table dying eggs like they were going out of style. She was the oldest at the table but my kid had to be the egg hog!
With the egg dying kit came stickers and it was so fun to hear Elijah yell out "baseball!". I had to smile, the kid is more than obsessed with baseball but it made him happy to find baseball stickers to put on his eggs.


We had a great time at our Resurrection day brunch. This year we used the Resurrection eggs with the kids leading up to Easter. They loved them and still want to do them during our evening Bible story time before bed.

Elijah ate 3 bowls (kid bowl size) of cereal BEFORE brunch and probably ate for 2 hours once everyone was at our house. I really should get video of how much he eats to give the Pediatrician who is worried about him being under weight. I think he is just like daddy, who at high altitude can't keep weight on.

No comments: