I can't believe that on Friday it will be May. Last year around this time I was very pregnant and we were nearly packed for our trip to Thailand to go have Elijah.
Last year we left our home on May 5th and we flew to Chengdu. We stayed there a few days as we waited for visas to stay in Thailand. We ate some good food and saw some friends and left on Friday May 9, 2008. If you will remember on Monday May 11, 2008 the devastating earthquake took place. We were so grateful that we were able to leave when we did or we would have been stuck in Chengdu and our little Elijah probably would have been born there too.
I wonder how the 1st anniversary of the earthquake will be like. It affected so many lives. We have the day off of school, actually the week off, but it is for another holiday type thing here.
For Elijah's scrapbook there are some things I am going to put in it that Ev's doesn't have and there are a lot of things that I could put in Ev's that I can't for Elijah. It makes me sad a little but one thing I want to document in Elijah's are the things around the world that were happening. I only wish someone made baby books geared for people like us - who don't live in America. I've tried to fill out Elijah's book and I have no clue what the cost of things were, so I put what they cost here. We didn't have a newspaper clipping announcing his birth or a birth announcement. We don't have a pediatrician here so I have to measure the kids and estimate how much they weigh on our scale. I'm really trying to document things for them but maybe it is good Elijah is a boy and probably won't really care about these little details when he is older. :)
It is crazy how with both of my children's births feel like they happened just yesterday. Still very fresh in my mind. Now I have to prepare myself for Elijah's 1st birthday coming up in May, my little man can't be turning 1...
No comments:
Post a Comment