I had big hopes for today. Since it is a holiday here (Tomb Sweeping Day) we didn't have class. I had hoped to work on Ev's quilt but with my broken sewing machine that wasn't possible. I thought that maybe I could work on a few other projects as I usually have several projects floating around in my head but that didn't happen either. I did teach our helper how to make biscuits this morning. Yeah.
Elijah has been cranky and has had a fever since Friday. We really don't know why. He doesn't have any teeth coming in, his hasn't had a cold, no runny nose, just a fever. The second day he didn't want to do anything other than be in my arms. And last night his fever got higher and he would moan and cry several times through the night. I checked in on him a lot and gave him Tylenol to try to break the fever. After a few times of getting up I ended up sleeping on the couch for the majority of the night. Finally at 5am his fever broke. I put him back in bed and headed to bed for about an hour before Ev woke up. All day little man just wanted his mommy. So for most of the day I have been carrying around Elijah. Todd went and played baseball this afternoon so when the kids went down for their naps so did I! Ev actually slept today and didn't come out of her room until almost 5pm and Elijah slept for 2 hours in his crib and then another hour plus on me. It isn't easy when you have a clingy child but I have really enjoyed the past few days being able to sit with Elijah on my chest and rock him. There is just something about sleeping babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment