A few days ago while the kids were taking their naps I decided to sew on my latest quilt. I'm making Ev another quilt. This one will fit a regular size twin bed. The one I previously made I made it to fit our futon, which I've realized is not standard size. Go figure. The new quilt is being made out of Ev's latest out grown clothes. This time I decided to make my life easier and not make it out of small squares. Instead since her clothes are bigger I am making it out of strips. Less to sew but it has a fun look. I am thinking of adding some ribbon too we will see when the time comes. So I spent about an hour and sewed the small pieces together to make all of my strips. Then I stopped because I usually go for a long time at something so I thought it would be good to stop. The kids got up from their naps and then I decided I was going to turn one of Ev's tops into a dress for her baby doll. I was just taking in the seams and the dress would be completed really easy and then all of a sudden the thing I fear happened. I had stopped sewing and was cutting off the excess thread when out of no where my sewing machine started sewing really fast. After a second I figured out that a little person had crawled under the table and was pushing down the pedal. Once I figured it out I turned off the machine to stop it. Well ever since then my sewing machine doesn't work. When Elijah pushed down the pedal there wasn't material there so I guess because of that my machine is jammed. I have tried everything I can think of. I've read my users manual. That didn't help at all. I tried re threading both the top and the bobbin threads. I took off the top to get to the inside to see if something is stuck. I've taken the bobbin thing out and replaced it. I have taken the needle out and replace it. When I try to sew something is wrong with the bobbin and it is really looped on the bottom side of the fabric. But there is more to it than that because the top thread doesn't even show up in the fabric. Something to do with both threads catching each other and going into the material. I've tried looking online to see if someone out in the Internet world has any solutions. Oh course my situation isn't posted on a troubleshooting post.
They don't have anything like the machine I have so I can't take it to someone to fix. I'm really sad about this and my little sewing machine is my biggest outlet for me. Everything I make almost is sewed. I have projects lined up to do and but it makes me really sad to realize that I won't be able to do them. And I have a machine that I can't take to get fixed. Any ideas on what I should do?
2 comments:
I will ask my grandma. She's been sewing for as long as I can remember, so maybe she will have some advice. What type of sewing machine do you have?
It is a Singer sewing machine that is about 4 years old. Thanks asking your grandma.
Post a Comment