Roseola

Last week Elijah had a fever from Saturday until Tuesday. Wednesday he didn't have the fever but had a rash on his face, neck, tummy and back. After a couple of days with the rash it went away. I had done some research when he had fever for so long. He didn't have anything else like a runny nose, cold, cough, just a fever. It was a low grade fever until the day before the rash came when it went to 101. Basically he had what is called "sixth disease" or Roseola. We don't know how he got it but you can never be too cautious in the country we live. Hygiene is not the best so it doesn't surprise me that he got this disease. It is suppose to be common in 6-24 month old children. He was extra clingy and just wanted to be held during the 4 days he had the fever. Once he had the rash he started feeling better. There isn't anything you can do for it is just has to run is course. I'm glad it is over. Poor little guy.
1 comment:
So Sad!! I'm glad he's doing better. Sorry you haven't heard more from me lately! I've been swamped between studio work, refugee work and just being mom. I miss you and love you! - Cindy PS - the refugee work is expanding LIKE CRAZY! A "mus" background woman became a believer at HC last Sunday night! Great things happening in SA.
Post a Comment