Monday I took our little man to the hospital to get his stitch out. He got up from his nap and I dressed him for the cold and we went to get a taxi. I told him we were going to get his stitch out and he got quiet. I really think he understood me and got scared. After a few minutes he started jabbering to me in the taxi. When we got to the hospital he got quiet again. It was his first time (out of the womb) to be in the hospital and he wasn't sure about it. The minute he saw my friend he started to cry and as I laid him on the table he had tears streaming down his cheeks. He remembered getting the stitches. I had to hold him down again and poor little kid was just terrified. I did think about trying to take his stitch out myself. I really dislike the hospital but I was glad that the nurse did it. She had to pull it up in order to clip it since skin had started to grow around it.
(I almost forgot to take a picture of the stitch and his battle wound! I took my camera with us when we went to get stitches but of course I was a little occupied... the pictures above are right after he picked his scab off...gross!)
My friend asked me if I wanted to keep Elijah's first stitch. I hadn't really thought about doing it but I decided I would. So I pulled out the baby book and taped it in. The next morning the kids were in the tub and I was giving Ev a little trim and decided to give Elijah a trim too. I have given him a few trims in the past and then I decided to just give him a full out hair cut. He had not clue that I was doing it because he was having too much fun in the tub. When it was done and after it dried I was a little sad that I cut off most of his curls. He looks more like a little boy with his official haircut. I put his curls in the baby book too.
Just so you know, Ev still hasn't had a real haircut. Oh well maybe sometime this year? !
No comments:
Post a Comment