Well after 4 days of someone in the family being sick I finally fell victim to it. We are in meetings right now so our day starts at 8:15am until 5:00 every day for the last week and it continues this week until Thursday. Last Thursday Elijah got a cold and the same day Ev got a fever. Meaning they couldn't stay in child care. We had them the whole day while we tried to stand in the back with them while we listened. It wasn't really successful. The next day I was able to put them back in child care but then I got called to go get Ev who had diarrhea and at the same time Elijah wasn't eating. So the next day we had them out again. By the following day Ev still just had a little fever so I took her and Elijah to the medical clinic set up here and they found out that Elijah has an ear infection in BOTH of his ears. The next morning Todd woke up to watch the Super Bowl and instead started throwing up and having diarrhea. With Elijah on antibiotics I sent him and Ev back to day care so I could go to the day long meetings while Todd was sick in our room. During lunch I checked on every body and got Todd to go to see the doctor at the medical clinic so he could hear from her that he needed to be staying hydrated. Then today after hopes of staying clear of the fevers, colds and other not so fun things. I got up to get the kids to breakfast and off to child care since Todd was still throwing up and I have what Todd does but not all of it and to a much lesser degree. Hopefully the kids will stay clear of what we have. So this week of mtgs haven't been fun for us. I stayed in today so that I could rest since being the mom even though I am sick I still have to take care of everyone else!
Please ask that we would all get over what we have. The kids still have 2 days left in childcare. Most likely they got what they did from the other kids. We will leave here and go on vacation with my brother flying in from the States. We really hope that we will be well and be able to enjoy the time with my brother.
1 comment:
Praying for you guys, Kelli. We've all been sick here too and I finally got it. My ear is so clogged up and under pressure I feel like it's going to burst! No fun! I wish you could enjoy the meetings while you have the option of child care. But certainly we'll be praying that you are free and clear for your vacation! Love you, Cindy
Post a Comment