Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Surprise for Ev and Elijah is MOVING!

When we were in the States I bought some items to update my craft stash. Since I had really gotten the crafting bug I had some specifics in mind and made sure we had room for them. However, it has been almost 2 months since I purchased these items or have had the chance to be creative. Tonight was the night.

Earlier Ev put on her apron and had me tie her baby doll inside it. Odd, but hey it was a way to carry her baby with her hands free to cook. :) She had started mimicking me putting on her oven mitt and holding a pan and put it in her oven. I have wanted to make her felt food from the felt I purchased and after the kids were down I began working. I had seen this idea off a website of a lady who makes things by hand. She really has great ideas and I have used many of them. I also saw some felt food at Pottery Barn Kids when I was home so I decided it was a must to make. And for the price of a few pieces of felt and a couple of hours this is what I made.

I made a sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomato and bologna. I made a couple of pancakes with syrup and a square of butter on top. To go along with those I made a couple of pieces of bacon. Next I made some macaroni and cheese. (Tomorrow I am going to make a box for it to go in.) Then to end the night I made a pepperoni pizza. I put the food in her kitchen using her plates, spatulas, and fork to show off the food. I can't wait for her to see them tomorrow morning.

Elijah on the other hand has been showing he is getting ready to crawl. When we got home a week ago he started getting up and rocking back and forth. He started going backwards instead of forwards and then tonight it happened! I was showing Ev pictures of her watching elephants on the computer and next thing I know Elijah has made it to the dvd player and is trying to push buttons and chew the computer cord. I guess when I was making dinner he was really moving but when I asked Todd about getting it on tape he gave me the answer no. By the time I saw him move he was so worn out we thought he was going to fall asleep in the middle of the living room floor since he didn't take a long nap today. So I don't have good footage yet of him crawling but I have the camera ready for tomorrow. What a big day!

3 comments:

Cindy Foote said...

You are such an awesome mom and SO CREATIVE!! Got your email. Just been crazy around here. I will write back soon! Love you! -C

Julie said...

you need to have an etsy shop and sell all of your cute stuff...or at least make some felt food for my kids someday! :)

Rachel P said...

I am soooo jealous (I know, not exactly a fruit of the spirit, right?!?!) of your crafting ability! You are SUCH an inspiration! :-) So cute!