Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What Have I Been Up To????

So a friend asked me if I had fallen off the planet or something. (Not really but she noticed I hadn't emailed or posted in about a week.) Thanks Trin for caring! :) I thought maybe these last 3 post would update those of you who like to read this blog... :)

We are making presents to give to the families here this year. Actually I AM MAKING the presents. This is what I have been up to lately... in no specific order...

I made 2 little crayon/marker holders for the kids. I experimented with one for Ev first. We are going to be traveling a lot and so I thought this would hold her crayons, markers and a little pad of paper and I can just pull it out, untie it and give it to her on the airplanes. I made another one for one of our little friends. I need to make one for her brother now.

I made a Christmas tree skirt for this couple. The wife loves snowflakes so I hand beaded 3 on the skirt.

I'm in the process of crushing one of those inch thick candy canes to make homemade peppermint cocoa for another family.

Ev and I worked on Xmas cookies... we still need to ice them. I may have to make another batch - the ones we made are half gone already!

I made some bagels for another family. Making 2 batches from scratch took me a total of 4 hours.

I made a sun dress for Ev and then decided to make a matching one for her baby doll. (To be worn in Thailand.)

I made a bib for our friends here who have a little boy 6 weeks older than Elijah. One side I use a wash cloth that matches the material on the other side. It is reversible and turned out pretty cute.

I made a tablecloth for Ev and Elijah's kid table from IKEA we got them for Christmas.

I still have to make a few other things. I keep thinking of other things to make as I am in the process of working on others.
I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully! Oh and I got most of these ideas off other blogs.

2 comments:

Shanalea Atchison said...

I too was wondering what had been going on. You are staying busy i see. if i wanted to send you a christmas card what is your address.

Cindy Foote said...

Kelli - all very beautiful and creative and - did I say amazing??? I'm referring to you, of course. You are so incredibly talented. Your kids are going to grow old talking about how awesome their mom is. I love you. Oh - and btw - last week we put a box in the mail to you guys. I think its one of the most random packages I've ever sent to anyone - you'll see when you open it - totally random... but random can be lots of fun! You are doing a great job making home away from home, Kelli. You are truly gifted. Love you, Cindy