Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kid Carriers

Right now I own 4 baby/kid carriers. I have a Infantio baby sling, a Snugli front and back carrier, a Playtex hip hammock and now a Moby wrap. I got the last one this week when I took Elijah to our midwife to get his shots. She saw that I was using my hip hammock (meant for older kids) because I could actually fit him in it since he was wearing his big snowsuit. He's too big for the sling now and he doesn't fit in the Snugli with his gear on. She told me about a lady here who had the Moby wrap made locally and VERY cheaply. She had a few so she gave me one. When I got home I looked up the instructions on the Internet. Elijah was sleeping so I used Ev's doll.... she thought that was the greatest thing and now thinks I am suppose to carry her doll around. Then I tried it out on Elijah and I have to say that I am really liking the Moby. My friend told me that it was the most comfortable way to carry your kid and I believe it. I love the variety of holds, I like that you can carry a sleeping baby in it, it feels the most comfortable and it also feels secure. Ev even wanted me to put her in it and so I did. Even with her in it it was comfortable. It didn't feel like I was carrying 25 lbs! As I was looking up the directions I looked at the price. Almost $40... you've got to be kidding. The one I have is simply a very large piece of t-shirt material. It is stretchy fabric - that's it. Granted mine doesn't have the brand name and it isn't a fun color... but still. Someone is making a killing off of them. I'm wishing I had this way back with Ev and even when Elijah was smaller. There is this one way called the "hug hold" and if your baby falls asleep ( like Elijah did on Wednesday when we were leaving our friends house and walking to a taxi) you can just pull up this one part and it covers the head and holds it close to your body. It was awesome. I am too excited about it right now. We will be traveling a lot next month so I am hoping that the Moby will come handy. I am not sure how it will do in hot weather though. It also is so small compared to the other carries when you are not using it. Have I sold you on it? Go check out the website for yourself. http://www.mobywrap.com/

3 comments:

Ashley Antle said...

I'm sold. I'm checking it out now!

Shanalea Atchison said...

This is absolutely one of my favorite things that I own. I can't believe I survived my two others without my wrap. I even used it during hot weather. Mine is not a Moby but very similar so the fabric is not as wide.

ArmyforChrist said...

I had a friend who actually made hers b/c she wasn't willing to pay that much money! I keep wishing I had one, or the skills to make one, b/c both of my boys love(d) being held in the upright position, and right now Ben is still a little small for the Snugli, so I get to hold him. Kinda hard when trying to wrestle John!!