Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2 yr old and Pilates

So today I decided to try to do my pilates work out while both kids were awake..... BAD IDEA! Elijah was fussy so after a couple of minutes I put him down for his afternoon nap. Ev on the other hand was with me. This is what my work out looked like. I turned the t.v. on and Ev was in awe of what was going on. I was laying on my back getting ready to lift up my legs and Ev decides to body slam me on my stomach. I manage to get her off and the next exercise you have your legs in an 90 degree position while your back in on the ground. The whole purpose is to strengthen your abs with your legs suspended but Ev kept trying to put my legs down. Then on to the next thing she jumped on top of my legs as they are in the air and ended up body slamming me on my stomach again. (this was not working!) Then I thought I had a break and I look over to see her on her back raising her leg up trying to do the stretch. HILARIOUS!!!

The 20 minute video was cut short when my 2 yr old had a pen taken from her that she had picked up and well she doesn't like to be told no. So on came the temper tantrum and she was sent to bed early. I didn't get to finish my video because I was too worn out from the kids. Elijah was crying the whole time because he decided a couple of days ago that he wants to revert back to being a 2 month old and wants to be put to be rocked to sleep. Even though he has learned how to do it himself... he will scream for 2 hours or more to be put to sleep. (We experienced this our early Sunday morning!)

No comments: