The harsh part of winter has hit us finally. Last year this came so much sooner. I am very surprised that it is mid December and it is just now getting bitter BITTER cold. We have a widget on our computer that tells us the temperature. A whopping 5 degrees this morning! The wind has been picking up too, making it even colder. Last year my normal dress included wearing wool socks and long underwear everyday - even inside! And going outside you have to have a hat, gloves, scarf to cover your face and a heavy coat and good warm shoes. (Since you most likely spend at least 15-20 minutes if not more walking.) We went out to dinner a couple of nights ago and the only part of my skin that was showing was the skin around my eyes. People here wear masks over their nose and mouth. Think SARS masks!!
I went to put money on our gas card last week. I had to get our 500 units in before it turned December. We can only buy 500 units a month so you have to store them up so you have enough to last you the month. If you run out, it's too bad for you. No hot water, no gas, no heat! Crazy huh? We have the luxury of using our floor heating when ever we want. Most apartments don't have control of their heat. Heat isn't turned on city wide until mid October and it is turned off at a certain time. This is just one of the reasons we look forward to leaving the country and going down south. :)
1 comment:
Well - it's a beautiful 70 something here. I'm enjoying it for you! HAHA! I can't believe it's that cold! WOW! Keep warm and know that we are praying for you guys tonight during HC. Love you - Cindy
Post a Comment