Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trip to the Midwife

Okay so I finally made it to see our midwife to give Elijah his 4 months shots. He is 5 1/2 months old... oops. I've been waiting to take him because the week he turned 4 months old he had a runny nose that turned into a cold and well it hasn't really gone away. It has gotten better then worse then better. So I just figured I'd better do it soon or else. We measured him, got his weight, height, head circumference and was given his shots. I also had Ev weighed and measured too. Then after dinner I wrote down their stats on my charts and compared them. Ev weighed a pound more when she was born and was almost 2 inches longer at birth. But Elijah has grown 7 inches in 5 months. He weighs just a little under 16 lbs and that is what Ev weighed at about 8 months. For Ev's age she is at 40% for her head circumference, 30% for her weight and 20% for her height. She started out at 25 % for her head, 95% for her weight and 75% for her height.... I guess it goes to show that the size babies are at birth really doesn't have anything to do with how they turn out later on. Maybe she is going to be short like me... I guess she already is. Elijah was 50 % for his head circumference and length and 75% for his weight. Maybe he will be tall like his daddy.

No comments: