Sunday, October 12, 2008
I Really Am Almost 30
Yesterday I went to the Import Store while Todd worked on a few things at home and the kids were asleep. I walked a block and then proceeded to wait for a very popular bus for over 15 minutes. That is crazy! Then after another 15- 20 minutes later I got off the bus and had to walk another block to the Import Store. PHEW! After almost 40 minutes I made it at my destination. As I approached the store I remembered that there is a new Baby Store a few shops up so I decided to go in and see what they have. As I was looking around I was immediately approached by 2 of the workers. They love to hover over you and ask you questions. I went to where the diapers were and was looking at their options. I touched the size "large" diapers and the lady goes "you have a big baby?" I thought it was pretty funny but at the same time I was excited that I actually understood what she said! After looking at a few more things I decided to tell her that I have 2 children. She was surprised and then I told her that one is a boy and one is a girl. They love that. They tell me that is really great. I told them the ages of my kids and they told me that I look very young. I think they were saying that I don't look like I've had 2 kids. I told them that this year I will be 30. They couldn't believe me. I went on talking with them - which is a big deal for me. I could understand a good amount of what they were saying and I tried to talk as much as I could. They took me to the back of the store to show me something they are proud of. I had told them that my son is 4 months old and I look through this window into a small room with a few ladies and a couple of babies. What I saw was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I couldn't believe it... I didn't know whether to be shocked or curious or what. I saw a naked 4 month old little boy with a innertube around his neck floating and kicking his legs in water. It was too funny. The little boy was too cute though and as I stared at him I noticed how similar he was to Elijah. People tell me all the time that he looks Asian. I think they want me to bring Elijah to come "swim". I am pretty sure the lady told me they do it to strengthen the baby's muscles. Who knows maybe I'll do it someday. I just walked away feeling good that I used my language and that these ladies think I look young. I guess with turning 30 in a few months that is a good thing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEAH for the language progress! It made me so happy to read that you were understanding the lady and having a conversation. SO AWESOME! We are lifting up that exact request before the Lord on your behalf. WAY TO GO!!!
Post a Comment