Ian has his back pack on flying everywhere
Just hanging out and being crazy
We enjoyed being silly this weekend. The kids and I survived my first week of really intensive language study. The kids are learning how to adjust to mom in class so much. We had our moments everyone had a melt down and I have to learn how to block it all out and focus. They did go from spending the past month being around each other all day every day so they are missing mom and dad who is also in class. And as each semester brings a new schedule the kids have to figure out and go with the change. I am taking 3 hours of class a day but with the oral way that I am learning I have to get in at least 2 hours of review on my own. So that takes 5 hours of my day away from other duties of mine. The weeks I was looking for a teacher I started cooking and freezing parts of meals, breads, and extra things that just take up so much of my time. After studying so much during the day I am worn out. This week realized how with beginning to learn another language it means that I am now functioning in three languages. I focus with my teacher then I am with the kids and speak English but while our babysitter helper is also still around I am talking to her in Chinese. My brain is trying to figure out what I am asking it to do. While I study the kids have Chinese class two times a week two hours each time. My previous teacher comes and teaches the kids using the same method that I am learning the other language. It is very interactive and the kids not only love my teacher but really enjoy learning the language. That is a very positive thing in my book. Then on Tuesdays the kids to go Art class with good friends of their where the teacher teaches in Chinese. Going to Art class is one of the highlights of Ev's week. We know this season is going to be more intensive than in the past but we really want to take advantage of this time I have before I begin homeschooling in the fall. Once I start I've heard from other moms that it is difficult to keep up language studies. My kiddos will be in back to back grades so once we begin we will be in this for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment