Sunday, October 30, 2011
My Friend's Baby Shower
I really enjoy decorating for parties. A month or two ago I helped my friend decorate for one of her daughter's birthday party. Next I helped throw a baby shower and last week we had Evangelia's birthday party. It gets a little tricky here since there is so much available in America but I have been figuring out how to make due with what we have.
For my friend's baby shower I tried to think of a fun theme. For her last shower a few days before we had it the doctor found out that she was having a boy after previously been told she was going to have a girl. This threw our decor into a major overhaul so I just went with blue and black. This time after looking online and not finding many options for boy showers I decided to do a "Book" theme shower like what I had seen on Martha Stewart.com. My friend loves books so it was prefect and I could decorate with books we have as well as use my READ letters to come up with some fun decorations. I made books to hang from the ceiling like I had seen in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog out of colored construction paper, white paper and ribbon. I collect/save any jelly jar, glass container we use so I used several of them like mason jars and tied fabric around them. I painted chopsticks and cut out the words " once upon a time" and attached them to the chop stick. I used some scrap fabric to made a garland and made mini books to attach to tooth picks and printed off book covers and glued them to the books and stuck these books on top of cupcakes. I loved how everything turned out and the best part was that I used materials I already had around the house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment