We have the Internet back today. It has been almost 2 weeks without it. Thankfully last week when I was quickly booking plane tickets and spending all day on the computer we had the Internet. Last week Todd was gone most of the week and we found out we needed to make a quick trip to another city to apply for Evangelia's passport to be renewed. Yes it is that time. She will no longer have a baby picture in her passport, she's all grown up now (as she turns 5 next Monday). Todd got home on Saturday and Sunday we flew to another city for a week. In the craziness of booking tickets on line, making sure I had a Consulate appointment for Ev I also was finding out that we could get our Post Placement Year report for Ian done since a social worker was going to be in the city we were going to. So after sending some emails and waiting we got the okay to do that and got two things done while in the other city. Needless to say when we took our small travel computer we couldn't use our VPN and therefore couldn't get on the Internet and email. I couldn't get most blogs and such because this country blocks those things.
Anyway we made our trip and enjoyed some Western food and saw some friends and got back to our home and found we didn't have the Internet. And now after 3 days of haggling with several people in Chinese we finally got the problem fixed. I am exhausted from spending most of the day trying to communicate with a worker using computer terms that I don't understand. Finally when the worker was a little tired of dealing with me he called another worker who could speak English to come and help. My question was why didn't he think of that in the first place?
At least we have the Internet now as we approach Evangelia's birthday party this weekend and the start of the World Series.
I have a lot to post about. I've been making things, rearranging again ( I got to go to IKEA last week so we have some new things around the house) and I helped throw a baby shower for a friend and have been getting ready for Ev's Rapunzel birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment