This is our bedroom. It is a pretty decent size, part of it is our bedroom and part of it is our office. We have a very nice balcony that we like to enjoy too. And even though our room is the biggest it is the warmest room in the house. We used to have the room arranged differently. I like where are bed is now because if I am working on the computer little people often join me either by playing on our bed or on the floor beside me.
We are the only ones who use our balcony. People think we are crazy for sitting out here! Most people in our complex will use it as storage or they will hang their clothes out there.
This is the view from our balcony and bedroom. It is amazing to see trees and grass. Living in a city like ours you usually don't see grass and no one sees trees.
When you first walk into our room the bathroom is to the right.
We don't have any built in closets in our apartment. So for storage we found this book case at our used furniture market and cut off the bottom part and fit it over the toilet. Also our landlords didn't want us drilling ANY holes in the bathroom tiles so I had to have some place to hang a hanger for our hand towel and toilet paper holder. We drilled into the book case. Since they wouldn't let us put up a medicine cabinet or anything due to holes we have to have extra storage like the wicker draws you see to the right of the sink.
We bought a bamboo ladder and had it cut to size so we could use it as a towel rack because we couldn't put a towel rack in either. The kids towels are lighter so I use Command hooks for their towels and amazingly with all the condensation they haven't come off yet.
The sink is micro mini size. And since the only light fixture is over the bathtub we had to put a lamp in by the sink. We make things work. :)
That is Todd's area if you can't tell. I guess I can let him decorate a tiny part of our house!
I made the small pillows as well as a few other large pillow cases. The small ones are all made out of Todd's old button down shirts and one of his old blue t-shirts for the ruffles. I love this way of making pillows since the buttons are already there.
I finally got one of Evangelia's masterpieces!
This is our closet. It looks a lot bigger than it really is. My side is to the left and in the top 1/3 of it I have all of the kids medicine, adult medicines, birthday presents and other random things. One thing that is really hard is not having any closets, no hall closet for coats, no pantry for the kitchen, no closet for the kids clothes, no place to store our vaccum and other things, and no linen closet.
We really have to use storage under our beds and where ever else we can. So not only is all of our clothing in our closet so is our coats and winter wear. For the time being we really do have a second bathroom but it is just a tiled room right now. We are using it to store all of our luggage (remember we brought 11 bags with us) and other random things like Todd's bike, our stroller, extra blankets and other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment