Thursday, March 17, 2011
While we were in Kansas over the weekend we went to one of my friend's wedding. It was our first time to take the whole crew with us. I guess this was the wedding to do that since the ceremony was really short. Evangelia was memorised the entire time and Hobs was too and Ian was just happy to sit in my lap. Todd and I had a plan B just in case the boys couldn't handle it but we never had to put it into action. We stayed a bit longer at the reception that we originally thought but I am glad we did. Ev loved going up to my friend and staring at her dress. She had to watch every moment of their first dance, them cutting the cake and everything else. The buffet and cake saved the boys as they got to eat the whole reception. But there was a moment that frightened me. The boys and I were standing by the appetizer table while the matron of honor and best man where toasting. Hobs was playing with these decorated stones on the table I looked up for just a few seconds and then I heard a gasp I look down at Ian as I thought he was choking on something and it hit me... he had swallowed one of the decorative stones. I asked him if he ate it and he nodded his head. I quickly pick him up and run out of the ball room holding him upside down and hit his back to try to dislodge the stone but it was already swallowed. He had been able to get it down so as I was getting our things together Todd was on the phone with our pediatrician's office. They told us since it wasn't 1 inch in diameter that it would pass in a few days. Well I've been looking for it since and have had no success. However Ian did sit on the toilet and go number 2 so maybe it passed? These boys are going to make my hair turn gray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG...way too scary!
Post a Comment