Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Sweet Little Elijah

A few days ago Elijah and Ian collided and it broke off part of one of Elijah's front teeth.  I was a little worried to hear the "I'm really hurt cry" coming from him and the "I need attention and sympathy cry" from Ian.  Poor kid, I am glad Aunt Kara got family pictures of us.  She got some really nice up close pictures of Elijah pre broken tooth. 

Elijah has quite a track record - this accident marks the 3rd major event BEFORE 3.  I think Elijah was barely over 1 when he was running after Ev and fell and face planted and broke his nose.  Right before turning 2 he fell and cut his face open at the bottom of his eyebrow and got stitches and now right before turning 3 broke a good chuck of his front tooth off. 

I really need to pray more over his physical protection.  The nose was hard but then the stitches was traumatic and I guess the broken tooth means he will have a broken tooth for the next 3-4 yrs! Thankfully each time one of these accidents occurred we were able to get some medical attention.  The first time was done by us taking pictures of his nose and sending it to a doctor a few hours away.  The second time we were in a different city that has an international clinic with foreign doctors and with being in America for this last accident we were able to take him to the dentist the next day.  I know he is all boy so I am trying to be hopeful that he won't have any more injuries. 

No comments: