
In the line of work we are in good byes are never easy. And since we do them all the time I think it only gets harder the more and more we say goodbye. As our bedroom is a disaster area with clothes, toys, luggage and everything all over the floor it reminds me of when we packed to come here 3.5 years ago. Packing is stressful for me, maybe because I am a very systematic person but I have to know where everything is and organize it all as I pack.
As I pack I am thinking of this coming week, our last full week here. Our emotions are all over the place. We finally can go and get Ian and we have been waiting for this for a year now. There is much relief to know that we are almost at the end of the road and in a week we will have him in our family. At the same time there is sadness. Ev and Elijah along with us will be saying goodbye to several good friends who have become like family to us since we live here. There is something about the community here we stand in for each other and do things for each other because we are as close as we can get to family. It is hard for the kids to say goodbye. Their friends are here and they don't remember America other than it is a land of milk and honey where their grandparents and family live. I am anxious about living in America again. Life has gone on and we haven't been there for over 3 years. Elijah has never been in America longer than 5 weeks. The kids home is here, their toys are here and they are use to life here.
People assume since we are Americans that we love it here and it is just a smooth transition coming back. I know we will all have our moments. I have been asking some other moms about how their kids respond to America and I've heard of how it is really hard on the kids. I feel a little out of the America loop and will the kids since they don't really understand America. Life here is so much slower pace compared to there I am not sure what or how I will react. When we were in America in July I was hit really bad with culture shock so I know it will hit me again.
So for those of you we will be around please give our family grace. We really do look forward to America in several ways but it is going to be an adjustment for us all especially Ian. One thing that helps in a transition like this is to ask us about what we have been doing for the past 3 plus years. I am sure the kids would love to tell you about their lives here, their favorite noodles, their playground, and about their life and friends here.
Thank you for being along our journey with us. We are excited for this next stage of life even with all the transitions and change.
Can you believe this picture? It was taken July 4, 2007 when we left Tulsa to move here. How our family has changed since then! We'll take a family picture of us leaving the capital to compare.
2 comments:
I know it's sad for you all but I can't wait for you all to get here and to meet Ian. It seems like every time you came to visit I was out of town!
We're looking forward to meeting Ian. The picture at this airport ride is going to be so different. THREE kids. I'm pryin for your transition! A lot of changes in the next month. Love you.
Post a Comment