Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Birthday Party Prep

It is the season for yet another birthday party. And as usual I am spending the week decorating and preparing and enjoying every minute of it! We are having Evangelia's birthday party a week early because one of her friends has a birthday the day before hers and her birthday happens to fall on the Saturday.

Ev requested a PINK party. So I went with the theme and have been slowly turning our dinning room into a pink place. I've also been making pink food. So far I've turned our homemade granola recipe into a pink granola. Today we made sugar cookies and added some food coloring to make the dough pink. I also added a little food coloring to my Ranch dip too. On the list for tomorrow- making pink bagels. I've already bought strawberry yogurt and strawberry Oreos. We will also have pink cupcakes with pink frosting we'll have pink lemonade and we may all turn pink ourselves. Are you familiar with the book PINKALICIOUS? It is about a little girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. We are going to use this book along with one my mom sent with our party theme.

I've made pink flower felt head bands as party hats for each girl and their goody bags include pink lip gloss, pink glittery nail file, pink notepad, pink coloring book and a pink Polly Pocket including accessories and clothes that are all shades of pink.

What more could a little pink loving girl ask for? pictures coming soon!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun!!! I remeber Todd use to not want his little girl to wear pink, I guess Ev had other plans. :) Oh and there is a new pinkalious book out. Just in case you need a cchange in reading. Hope she has a Happy Birthday!

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

Yes Jessica you remembered right Todd strongly dislikes pink and his plans for her not to the like the color back fired! :) Each day as I add more pink to our dinning room he can't stand it. Who knows if he will even eat our pink food. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hope you are doing well.

KaraM said...

I LOVE that my favorite niece is Pinkalicious!! Pink Ranch Dip...I don't know if I could eat that! Send pictures...Send pictures! Can I skype to see this Pinkalious lambert house?

KaraM said...

I LOVE that my favorite niece is Pinkalicious!! Pink Ranch Dip...I don't know if I could eat that! Send pictures...Send pictures! Can I skype to see this Pinkalious lambert house?

Trinity said...

I am CRACKING up so much that Todd tried so hard to not have a pink-loving girl and is now having a pinkalicious party!!! LOVE it and wish we were there!!! AND I will respond to your email!

Rachel P said...

OH we LOVE Pinkalicious, and Purplicious, and Goldalicious...and now she has a whole line of picture books and step-into-reader books, too! We have to buy the organic 'all natural' food dye for our pink things now, but it is worth it -what fun! Happy Birthday!