A couple of days ago I was working on a project and since my sewing desk is in the play room Ev was there with me. Usually she does her own thing but not this time. She put one of her chairs next to mine but that wasn't tall enough so she went and got our step stool. She sat beside me as I was sewing and said the words I was waiting for her to say some day.
"Mom, I want one of those, but smaller so I can make some doll clothes and some clothes for didi."
She asked me for a sewing machine. My heart was thrilled! I know that you can get child friendly sewing machines. I think I will research that when we are back in America. Is 3 1/2 too young to start? I think I was around 8 years old or something like that when I started to sew.
Every day when I read to her before her "play time" as Elijah is napping she asks me to make her some clothes. And she asks me to make clothes for our new didi. She is on a big kick about me doing stuff for him, for us to pray for him and she even saves a spot for him when we ride in taxis. She keeps telling me he needs some clothes but she doesn't' realize that I have been saving Elijah's clothes for him.
Here are some of the things I've been working on lately. :) The truck mat idea is from homemadebyjill.blogspot.com. I made my own version of a crayon roll to hold a pad a paper, lots of stickers and some elastic to hold Polly Pocket dolls.
2 comments:
Kelli, your work on the sewing machine is amazing! Do you find the fabrics here or have them sent from the states? You should start taking orders from expats. :) How close are you guys to getting a referral for didi? I saw that a new list was coming out today. We just got 800a approval! One step closer! :)
I remember having a sewing machine when I was little, that actually worked, I can't remember how old though. She would have fun with it I bet!
Post a Comment