Sunday, May 16, 2010

Remembering




I remember Elijah's birth like it was yesterday. In order to get to Thailand we had to stay another city that had a Thai Consulate so we could get visas. We left this city on Friday and Monday a huge earthquake devestated the city. We just got out in time and we were thankful that Father allowed us to leave the country.
We had only been in Thailand for 5 days and we had gone out to dinner with a friend at a Mexican Restaurant. Our friend had to leave early and I am glad he did because as we were on the elevator going back to our apartment when my water broke. I'll never forget that feeling!

Thankfully friends of ours lived in the same apartment complex we were staying and had a little girl 2 weeks older than Ev. We had spent a couple of months with them so it was easy for Ev to go with them in the middle of the night as we headed to the hospital.

I was the only one in the labor and delievery ward during my stay which was completely different than when I was in labor with Ev. Even though my nurses didn't really speak English they were nice and helpful. Eventually little Elijah Hobs was born 18 hours after my water broke. My labor was definately much longer than with Ev which was about 7 hours.


Elijah Hobson Kanoa was born about 3 weeks early but he we a nice 7 lb 5oz. baby. His is my little sweet heart. We are very thankful for him being in our family. HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY ELIJAH HOBS!



1 comment:

Kara M said...

He look so much older! I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you really really soon!