Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Preparing for Elijah's birthday party!

I haven't been posting pictures of what I have been doing lately but I have been squeezing in time to plan and make things for Elijah's birthday party. It is going to be all about sports and mainly BASEBALL.

Todd and I got Elijah' a set of baseball figures off of EBay to give to him. Since Ev loves little dolls and he loves them along with her we thought the baseball figures would be a good fit for him. Elijah also loves to play with Ev's doll house so I came up with the idea to make a baseball field play mat for his baseball guys so he has something he can play with them on. I worked on this for a while and then finished it last week. It can roll up and we can take it with us when we travel to America this July. When I finished the baseball field mat I had to bring out the team of figures and let him play with it for a little while. He was so cute. I got some good pictures of him. He actually will take the baseball figure who is pitching and make it pitch to the guy who it hitting.
Right now I am making hot dog buns. We are so thankful that we can get hot dogs at the Import store. The hot dogs go along with the baseball game theme food. I am going to grill them on my Jackie Chan George Foreman grill. :) We also have the paper hot dog holders for the dogs to go in and some paper bags for popcorn. We will also have cupcakes decorated like baseballs. I think those are going to be a big hit with Hobs. I made my own icing tonight. The Import store was out of white icing. Usually if they don't have white I go for lemon because I usually change the color but I really need white for baseballs. Hobs wouldn't like it if it wasn't real looking.

No comments: