Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GuangZhou

Yesterday around bed time we started our first flight of our trip back to America. The first flight went pretty well a majority of it we were eating dinner so that kept the kids occupied. Ev and I sat in front of the boys. Ian didn't have a seat so Todd and I traded off holding him in our lap. The second flight was a little harder since by this time the kids were ready for bed but unable to sleep! This flight Elijah and Ev switched seats. The hard part was getting all of our luggage on a cart that Todd pulled. I had Ian in the Ergo, my backpack on and I pulled the stroller with one hand and held Ev's hand. Todd was pushing the cart with 4 bags on it, had his back on and ended up also carrying Elijah. We had to get 2 taxis to get all of us and our belongings to the hotel and we got in around midnight.

Our hotel is very impressive. All of the diplomats and dignitaries stayed at our hotel during the Asian Games which ended at the end of November. I am happy about all the Christmas decorations and music. Every time we get in the elevator we heard Christmas music. A lot of the stores also have Christmas trees up and are decorated. We hope to get a family Christmas picture in front of the large tree in the lobby.

This morning Todd took Ian to get his medical exam done. All of the doctors told Todd that Ian's health is really good and that they usually don't see children this healthy coming out of orphanages. He isn't too skinny, I think he has gained at least a pound or two since we got him. He eats all the time just like Elijah. I'm a little worried what it will be like when they are both teenagers! The doctors were impressed with how he can walk and get around. And when they looked at his medical records of his heart problems (PSD- which healed itself, and the other thing) they were like, is that it? They agreed that it isn't serious at all.

By the way Ian is loving food. We've bridged him to eating what we do for the most part. This morning we had a buffet breakfast. He ate scrambled eggs, a muffin, part of a donut, and a banana. For lunch he ate a box of chicken nuggets and some french fries. And before that he had some raisins for a snack.

1 comment:

KaraM said...

So wonderful! I was pr-ing for airport getting around. I know that HAS to be difficult with three!