Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Season


This was our first Christmas married - 2005


Hobs was a chunky monkey! 2008



Ev Christmas 2008


Our first Christmas in China 2007 - Elijah was in my tummy


Christmas 2008 - Todd and Ev playing the guitar/broom during our Advent Worship time


Christmas 2008 - This Christmas we decided to go back to America to see my Grandma. We left Christmas eve so we had to open all of our presents and pack in a day.


My Advent Calendar that I made in 2008


Christmas 2009 - We took this picture for our Homestudy which was on December 11, 2009. This December 11th we will arrive in America as a family of 5!


We started our tradition of Advent with the kids. It isn't the same this year, we don't have any decorations up other than the kid's nativity set. I love decorating for Christmas so I am a little sad that we don't get to decorate this year. I'm also a little sad we are not using the Advent calendar I made and we have been using the past few years. We decided it was a little too big to be taking everywhere this month. With our Advent calendar each night we read part of the story of Jesus' birth. The kids pull out picture cards and or a nativity character to add to the picture scene story and the kid nativity. Ev got really good at telling the story last year since we spent the 30 days leading up to Christmas telling it slowly and over and over.
So since I can't decorate here are some Christmas time pictures over the past few years. Sorry they are not in order.

1 comment:

KaraM said...

Todd looks kind of fat in that first picture...comparitively!