This is what my day looked like.
6:45- Ev crawled into bed with me trying to lay with me. It didn't last too long but I have mastered the art of half sleeping while she is wiggling around.
7:15- Todd gets up with Ev and lets me sleep in. I still hear them in the next room. But I am still half asleep. I hear Elijah cry too and then I hear him at our bedroom door.
8:20- I get out of bed as I heard Ev calling my name on the other side of the door.
9:00- I get a shower and as I open the bathroom door (the magic sound since all of our doors make sound, the sound Ev knows I am out of the shower and I am free reign.)
9:15- Ev wants to watercolor paint. I do it with her to help her not make a mess and distract Elijah from getting into the paints.
9:45- I get a second snack for the kids. Ev already ate a bowl of cereal and a banana. Elijah already had 6 oz of milk and a banana. I think they are going through growth spurts!
10:00- Ev and I are playing file folder games. I put Elijah down for his nap.
10:15- I take out some chicken to thaw.... do random things to clean up a little for our friends coming over tonight.
10:30- doing something else to keep Ev busy and entertained. Can't remember what that was!
10:45- I get my things together so I can leave at 11 to meet my friends. Ev has a meltdown...
11:05- I'm walking out the door to catch the bus and go to school to meet my new friends.
11:30- When I was up the street to get to the side of campus I have class, a business was having its grand opening and they were doing the traditional lighting of fire works. I got hit by one even though I was a good distance away. So I walked a different way to get onto campus.
11:40- My friends arrive and we walk a couple of blocks to have lunch and talk.
12:30- Started walking to catch the bus to get home by 1pm to relieve the babysitter. My friends are with me. Todd calls so I wait for him on the street where he gives me our gas card. (We have a gas stove and we ran out of gas and had to buy more on the card to swipe the card so I can have gas and hot water again.)
1:10- get home and say goodbye to our helper. The kids meet my friends and we play.
2:00- I put both kids down for their naps late. A few minutes later my friends leave.
2:10- I sit down for a few minutes, check email, write a few emails.
3:00- I head to the kitchen to start dinner. Ha ha... only 2.5 hours away. Made my own tomato sauce, batch of tortillas, sweet biscuits for strawberry shortcake, beef and chicken enchiladas and home made tortilla chips...
4:00- Elijah wakes up from his nap but I am in the middle of filing enchiladas so I let him cry for a little while. Then I go in and get him and he only wants me to hold him. He gets a bottle and I put him down and he screams. So I distract him with watermelon so I can keep cooking.
5:10- our friends show up but Todd isn't home yet. We wait around for him until 6pm, but I am still cooking...
6:00- Dinner and time with our friends and their 2 daughters.
9:00- Our friends leave, I go to wash the dishes.
9:30- Ev is still crying. So I go into her room with her and she falls asleep on me.
10:00- I remember it is one of my friends birthdays I write her a quick note.
10:15- here I am writing what I did.
I am worn out. Yesterday we had friends over too. I spent most of the day washing all our food that we stocked up on from the grocery store and then cooking. I am wiped out. I really miss dish washers!
No comments:
Post a Comment