Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doll House

One of Ev's friends has a doll house from America. The last couple of times we were over at our friends house I noticed Ev was playing with the dollhouse. I haven't seen any here so I decided to make one out of a box. I had a box that I had kept from an care package (Cindy it was your box! :) It is the perfect size for a 2 floor, 5 room doll house. It brought me back to when I was a kid and made doll houses/furniture. I used bottle tops, lids, small boxes, straws and other random things.
I started off putting wall paper (scrapbook paper) in the room on with Modge Podge. Love that stuff! Then I cut out some windows and a door. Ev loved it even though there wasn't any furniture. So the next day during her nap I started making furniture. Oh and I forgot to mention that she has these little dolls that fit perfectly in the house. So far I have made a kitchen table, sink, refrigerator, cabinet, a sofa, chair, floor lamp, bunk beds, wardrobe, bathtub, sink, toilet, mirror and 2 sets of curtains.

Its so fun to watch her spend time playing with the dolls and the house.

2 comments:

KaiLeigh said...

Kelli! I love the doll house! You are a great mom!

Cindy Foote said...

Absolutely brilliant! I am completely impressed! You are such an awesome mom and SO CREATIVE!!! Love you - C

PS - looks like we leave for ET in 2 weeks to get baby Lu!! YAY!