When we were in America some people asked me to describe things from our daily life. I think it is easier to do that with pictures. I really can't explain to you how small my oven is unless you see it so I thought I would give you a tour. So over time I will take pictures and post on each room of our home.
I'll start off with the kid's bedroom. All three kids share a room. It works out pretty well and for the time being we adjust sleeping arrangements due to one of our kiddos who is an early bird and wakes up the others in the morning which really throws off the rest of the family members. Currently he sleeps in the playroom at night in his portable crib. :)
I wanted to give each kid an area that is theirs so for Evangelia I have decorated with a plastic mirror, some picture frames, one of Ev's masterpieces, embroidery hoops with fabric and a fabric bunting I made for her. I also attached some paper lanterns above her head which she loves. I made the blanket for her bed out of dresses and clothing from when she was 2 years old. The quilt over the couch is made out of her baby clothes.
For Elijah I selected special pictures of him relating to baseball. A couple of pictures from him at his first Texas Ranger's baseball game for his 3rd birthday, and a few other ones. Todd found small pennants of all the MLB teams so since he loves the Rangers so much I gave him all of the American League pennants over his pictures. I found some sports sheets at Target when we were in America to add to his blanket that I made out of his baby clothes and recently added a special baseball pillow that I made for him. He also has some of his favorite Ranger's players baseball cards displayed in a picture frame display I made for him.
And for Ian who just wants to do everything his big brother does I have given him the National league pennants to have over his area. When he eventually moves out of the crib the couch folds out into a twin bed and it will go under the wall with the pennants. I also bought him a the same sport sheet set as I did Elijah so he will have that and I am creating (in my head) right now Ian's blanket for his bed. I hope to get his blanket made before we move him out of the crib! I will also include some pictures for him and I am trying to figure out how to incorporate his love of trains into his area.
I have hopes to make new curtains for their room too, right now the green curtains are left over from our first apartment and happened to fit their window for the time being. Whenever I have time again I need to sew their curtains.
Bunk bed: Ikea (bought 2nd hand)
Crib: hand made locally
Orange shag carpet/dresser: local
Sheets: sports- Target, pink- Walmart
blankets/quilt /orange pillow/bedskirt- made by me
small white picture frames- Ikea
White mirror/pink lanterns- Hobby Lobby
3 White under the bed storage- Ikea (bought 2nd hand)
Yellow rose pillow- gift from my mom (Pier One)
MLB pennants- Academy
2 Baseball rugs- Target dollar section- SCORE!
Red Ranger's World Series bat- 75% off at the Ranger's gift shop!
2 comments:
Okay...that baseball pillow is so cute!
-- Jacque :)
Everything looks wonderful! I especially love the Amy Butler fabric we found at that shop in BA-now I know what you were talking about with the wall decor. You sure do know how to turn a house into a home. Great work!
Post a Comment