Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation week.  I LOVED getting special things from my students way back in the day when I was a teacher (FYI- this year would have been my 10th year teaching!) 
I wanted to make sure that Evangelia and Elijah had something to give their preschool teachers since they actually have been going to school.  In the future I will be their teacher and it won't be as fun but I spent some time thinking of what to do for them. 

Ev and I went to JoAnn's and I came away with fabric squares, some canvas, paints and some ideas.  I originally was going to make the teachers small zippered bags but when we were driving home in the car it hit me - have Ev take the canvases and paint them.  I gave her a canvas and paint and she created some beautiful artwork.  Then on the back I went to a website and wrote a thank you note for her teachers and she traced the letters with makers.  (It was the same website her teachers use to have the kids trace their letters.) We taped her message on the back and I added some fabric as a hanger.  Then I took some chop sticks and painted them with the craft paints Ev used in her painting.  I took the fabric we had bought and made the "no sew flowers" from one of my favorite craft blogs MADE.  I tied a bundle of flowers together for each of Ev's teachers and Elijah's teachers and we had our teacher appreciation gifts and delivered them on Monday.  Ev's teachers know how much she likes to draw and color and it was the perfect gift for them.  One of her teachers told her she put it up in her bedroom. 






I love that her painting and note were all done by her which is exactly what us teachers love.  For Elijah who isn't into artwork like Ev he just handed out the flowers to his teachers.  It was pretty cute and they loved it!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love this! It's so sweet :) I was also thinking this week about how I would miss those special little gifts from the kiddos, they get so excited about them!
I saw those fabric flowers yesterday on a blog and I thought it was a cute idea, you did good~!