Friday, January 1, 2010

31st Birthday

Friends of ours and their daughter who is 2 months older than Elijah came over and watched the kids for us so that Todd and I could go out on a date for my birthday. We were really excited because our friends were staying until after bedtime so that meant that Todd and I didn't just have to eat and run home fast to relieve the babysitter. They blessed us by feeding and putting the kids down. We were excited with the larger amount of time we had so we thought we would try to go bowling after eating and then head to a coffee shop to watch TV on our computer. But, sadly there are no longer any bowling places here. We took our small 10 inch computer with us and via our sling box watched some HGTV. Todd kindly watched two shows with me. :)
We had good food. I ate eggplant parmigiana and Todd had a hamburger at the Italian restaurant and I got a brownie while Todd got cheese cake and a smoothie at the coffee shop.

Here we are at both places.

My mom has spoiled me on cookie cakes my whole life so I had to make myself one yesterday too. In my spare time I decided to pack up all the Christmas decorations. Usually I keep them up for a long time, but not this year. However I did rearrange the living room furniture. :) Priceless!

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

I'm so happy you were able to get away and have a great birthday! AWESOME! Your hair is getting SO LONG! Beautiful! Love and miss you! Ev's quilt is beautiful. I really have to learn how to sew. You have such amazing ideas and always do such great work. And I am still trying to figure out when you have time to do that... scratching my head in wonder and amazement!

Love you!
Cindy